📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,142,513 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 8,287 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 0 ثانية

Travel chaos is expected as train lines into London Bridge are closed as mass fire rips through recycling plant

العالم
Daily Mail
2026/08/19 - 01:08 501 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

Published: 02:06, 19 August 2026 | Updated: 02:08, 19 August 2026 Travel chaos is expected on underground and train networks this morning after a huge fire caused lines in and out of London Bridge sta...

Video footage posted to social media showed flames and plumes of dark smoke billowing above a recycling plant in Deptford, south-east London, shortly before 8pm.

More than 100 firefighters tackled the blaze, which broke out close enough to a busy railway line that National Rail was forced to shut the route on safety grounds.

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

Published: 02:06, 19 August 2026 | Updated: 02:08, 19 August 2026 Travel chaos is expected on underground and train networks this morning after a huge fire caused lines in and out of London Bridge station to close on Tuesday. Video footage posted to social media showed flames and plumes of dark smoke billowing above a recycling plant in Deptford, south-east London, shortly before 8pm. More than 100 firefighters tackled the blaze, which broke out close enough to a busy railway line that National Rail was forced to shut the route on safety grounds.  It meant that all lines between London Bridge, New Cross and New Cross Gate stations were temporarily blocked, leaving commuters facing significant disruption.  Rail operator Southeastern also warned travellers not to travel to or from London Bridge as all its services were diverted to other London terminals.  The Thameslink overground service too faced disruption as those travelling from Blackfriars to East Croydon were warned to expect more than 30-minute delays.  One incident even saw Thameslink passengers carry out an 'uncontrolled evacuation of a train' between London Bridge and New Cross, the operator said.  Network Rail warned last night that disruption would continue until 'at least' 10.30pm, sparking fears that thousands of commuters could face delays this morning.  It came after passengers travelling through Deptford told how trains ran 'dangerously' close to the inferno - involving around 50 tonnes of waste - on Landmann Way.  A huge fire at a recycling plant in Deptford, south-east London, closed lines in and out of London Bridge on Tuesday night The blaze broke out shortly after 8pm directly beside a busy train line Huge plumes of dark smoke were seen billowing above the inferno - and could be seen from across London More than 100 firefighters were dispatched to the scene and remained there into the early hours of Wednesday morning Footage posted to social media showed trains slowly edging past the inferno, which broke out just metres from a train line Dramatic videos shared to social media showed trains slowly edging past the blaze, which emitted plumes of smoke that were sighted across London.  One woman who had been travelling on a Southeastern service said her carriage filled with smoke as it slowly passed the raging fire.  She told the Daily Mail: 'I was standing close to the doors but had to step back, you could feel the sheer heat coming off the fire as we passed.  'The trains were running dangerously close to the flames and the windows were all open so the smoke came into our carriage.  'If I had known we were going that near to the blaze, I wouldn't have gone on the train.  'I even saw a large timber sleeper on fire lying across the tracks. I can't believe they continued to run trains through there. It didn't feel safe.'   Firefighting crews from East Greenwich, Old Kent Road, Deptford and surrounding fire stations had rushed to tackle the fire shortly after 8pm.   London Fire Brigade commander Duncan Rees said: 'Approximately 100 firefighters are tackling a large fire at a recycling centre on an industrial estate on the border of Bermondsey and North Lewisham. 'First calls were received at 1958 and 15 fire appliances are now in attendance. 'Fire crews along with colleagues from partner blue light services are working hard in difficult conditions to bring the fire under control. 'One of the brigade's 32-metre turntable ladders and one 64-metre turntable ladder are being used as water towers to tackle the flames from above.' The London Fire Brigade said that last night's blaze was likely to be a 'protracted incident', meaning firefighters would remain at the scene throughout the night.  It is, however, the second major blaze at the Landmann Way site in just a matter of months.  Around 15 engines and more than 100 firefighters were dispatched to the scene on June 8 following a fire which also forced lines in and out of London Bridge into closure. National Rail was contacted for comment. 
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free