📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,126,425 مقال 408 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 3,515 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 7 ثواني

The sinking village... 'petrified' families forced to flee their homes due to collapsing mines!

أخبار محلية
Daily Mail
2026/05/28 - 19:50 517 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

Published: 20:50, 28 May 2026 | Updated: 20:50, 28 May 2026 Dozens of families have been forced to flee their homes amid fears that nearby disused coal mines are collapsing.

Residents in Coalsnaughton, Clackmannanshire, said their homes have been left with huge cracks after ground movement below.

Some 30 properties in the former mining village’s Benbuck View were evacuated earlier this month, and this week those living in another 30 homes in neighbouring Dunmoss View were told they also had to...

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

Published: 20:50, 28 May 2026 | Updated: 20:50, 28 May 2026 Dozens of families have been forced to flee their homes amid fears that nearby disused coal mines are collapsing. Residents in Coalsnaughton, Clackmannanshire, said their homes have been left with huge cracks after ground movement below. Some 30 properties in the former mining village’s Benbuck View were evacuated earlier this month, and this week those living in another 30 homes in neighbouring Dunmoss View were told they also had to leave. There are now worries the problem could spread even further, with residents in a nearby street saying they have packed their bags. Families in Dunmoss View were taking their belongings out of the homes that they can’t to return to without permission. Marc Payoyo, 40, was among them and said that after hearing a ‘commotion’ in the street on Wednesday morning he tried to open his door – only to discover he could not. Houses have been evacuated in Coalsnaughton, Clackmannanshire The police have had to evacuate 60 homes in the area  ‘I had to forcefully open it, and in my backyard I can see there’s big cracks,’ he said. ‘There’s cracks all over the ceiling, sidewalls, all of the window and door frames.’ He said cracks were also appearing in gardens along the street. It was around midnight when Mr Payoyo and his wife Laarni heard noises but dismissed it as nothing out of the ordinary. The father, who moved into the property a matter of months ago, said: ‘We could hear some creaking sounds but we didn’t take notice. I thought it was just neighbours because it’s bin day. ‘We were just surprised when we woke up. It seems like our house is tipping now – tipping over.’ Everything from furniture to air fryers was being taken out of the latest properties affected, but there are now concerns the disruption could spread to the next street along – Nechtan Drive. Aaron Anderson, who lives there with his wife Megan and three daughters, said he was ‘petrified’ his home would be next. The 36-year-old said: ‘I’m scared of where we are going to go because we have nowhere. I’ve packed bags already. Families leave their homes - with cracks having appeared and houses 'tipping' over ‘When it first happened down at Benbuck, it was little toddlers walking past at 10pm at night, and that’s horrific. You are having to wake your child up because you’re being evacuated.’ Past planning documents for what would become Benbuck View said it was ‘in the likely zone of influence from workings in two seams of coal at shallow to 50m depth, and last worked in 1875’. Meanwhile, separate documents showed an old mineshaft outside a home in Dunmoss View. Clackmannanshire Council chief executive Nikki Bridle said: ‘The priority continues to be the safety of everyone involved, and our officers remain in the local area to offer further guidance to residents during what we appreciate is a worrying time for them.’ Surveyors were seen in the area where the streets are fenced off, and a large drill could be heard operating. Carl Banton, of the Mining Remediation Authority, said: ‘Work is continuing at pace to establish the cause, with multiple specialist teams on site.’ No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن أخبار محلية | More on Local News

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم أخبار محلية. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Local News. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail. Tags: village, mines, displacement.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free