Shocking change in male model's appearance as he appears in court charged with murdering his personal trainer husband
✨ AI Summary
🔊 جاري الاستماع
Published: 03:39, 21 May 2026 | Updated: 03:45, 21 May 2026 A male model accused of stabbing his personal trainer husband looked noticeably different as he appeared in court on Wednesday. Donald Zieben-Hood, 41, who once had more than 67,000 Instagram followers, was dressed casually in tan prison garb as he sat before a judge in New York to face charges including burglary, assault and criminal possession of a weapon in connection with his husband Jacob Zieben-Hood's death on August 1, 2025. He wore a smug expression on his face as his lawyers tried to get him released on bail, which they said his mother - a retired school teacher who has a brain aneurysm - would pay for. The lawyers also claimed Donald would submit to electronic monitoring. But the judge ultimately denied Donald bail, arguing he had no respect for the court, the judges or order of protection. The judge noted that he allegedly violated multiple orders of protection Jacob had taken out against him, repeatedly breaking into his apartment and threatening to attack him in the lead up to his death. Then on July 31, just hours before his death, prosecutors say Jacob, 34, made a desperate call to his father warning that his husband was 'coming after him.' He sent photos of fresh injuries, including cuts to his face, head and a large bleeding gash in his leg. By 4am the next morning, police were back at the couple's apartment on West 146th Street in New York City. Inside, they found Jacob dead in the bathroom, his body still on the toilet, with stab wounds to his leg and a head injury. Donald Zieben-Hood, 41, appeared in court on Wednesday to face charges including burglary, assault and criminal possession of a weapon Donald (left) was arrested following Jacob's (right) death and is being held at Riker's Island Officers described a chaotic crime scene with blood smeared on the furniture, walls, floor, and counters, suggesting there had been a violent struggle. Court documents obtained by the New York Post revealed the couple had been celebrating their 10 year anniversary the night before, when they got into the explosive fight. Donald was arrested at the scene, when he allegedly pleaded with officers to tell him how his husband died. 'I want to know how he died because I don't want it to be because of me,' he told the officers at the scene, according to the court documents. 'If he committed suicide or if he freaking OD'ed on some stupid a** drugs. 'I'm never going to see him again,' Donald then lamented, noting: 'This was our 10-year f***ing anniversary.' The city's Office of the Chief Medical Examiner later determined that Jacob died from 'multiple blunt and sharp force injuries' to his legs and other parts of his body. Officials also cited 'acute alcohol and lorazepam intoxication and chronic alcohol use' as contributing factors. Yet Donald will not face homicide charges in connection with Jacob's death. Donald Zieben-Hood wore a smug expression on his face as his lawyers tried to get him released on bail, which they said his mother - a retired school teacher who has a brain aneurysm - would pay for Donald (left) was accused of stabbing his husband, Jacob Zieben-Hood (right), who was later found dead in the bathroom The two were celebrating their 10-year anniversary on the night of Jacob's death Prosecutors announced the decision in March, noting there was 'reasonable doubt' about whether multiple stab wounds Jacob sustained from the fight would have caused his death alone. Assistant District Attorney Samantha LiTrenta also revealed in court at the time that Jacob had a blood alcohol level of 0.40 percent - which is considered potentially fatal - mixed with valium in his system at his death. Those substances could have killed him even if he had not been stabbed. Still, prosecutors say Donald engaged in a pattern of abuse in the lead up to Jacob's death. In February 2025, police say Donald strangled Jacob during a beating that left him nearly unconscious. Then in June, he allegedly returned with a knife, prompting a third restraining order. If convicted on the assault and burglary charges, Donald could now face up to 25 years in prison. He is due back in court on August 12. No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.




