📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,181,796 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 8,625 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 0 ثانية

Police Federation slams 'violent fascist law-breakers' over Belfast riots

أخبار محلية
GB News
2026/06/11 - 13:25 519 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

The Police Federation of Northern Ireland condemned the Belfast riots as the work of "violent fascist law-breakers."

Twelve police officers were injured, and 16 arrests were made during the unrest following a knife attack.

Additional police officers are being deployed, but the force is still significantly understaffed.


The Police Federation of Northern Ireland has said disorder in Belfast was caused by "violent fascist law-breakers who want to wreck Northern Ireland".

Twelve PSNI officers were injured on Wednesday night and 16 arrests were made on the second evening of unrest following the Belfast knife attack.


The riots follow the charging of Hadi Alodid, 30, for the attempted murder of NHS radiographer Stephen Ogilvie.

Footage shows the police were pelted with bricks and petrol bombs with masked rioters in County Antrim on Wednesday night.



PFNI chairman Liam Kelly said: "It is intolerable that our colleagues are bearing the brunt of street disorder. They are doing their level best to curtail, frustrate and arrest rioters.

"My thoughts are with the 12 officers who sustained injuries and who were confronted by thugs throwing bricks, masonry and petrol-bombs and used lasers directed at our frontline.

"Sixteen arrests have been made so far and police efforts will continue at pace to bring scores of others before the courts. My hope is they will be handed maximum sentences.

"General disorder and the forced re-location of innocent families should leave us shamed and angry."


Liam Kelly



He added: "Violent racist and fascist lawbreakers offer nothing but hopelessness and mindless thuggery.

"We’ve getting 200 additional officers under Mutual Aid and they will provide some much-needed relief for my colleagues.

"However, we are 700 officers below where we should be and some 1,200 short of the 7,500 that was promised.

"Lives are being turned upside down by masked cowards and it’s time this violence stopped. They are bullies who hide behind anonymous social media threats to businesses and people who come here to work in our Health Service and industries."

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS



Belfast was left burning after thousands protested Monday's knife attack


Men dressed in black with their faces covered were seen knocking bricks away from properties and smashing up paving stones to use as makeshift projectiles to throw at the police.

Public transport was suspended and some schools shut early last night amid fears violence would continue into a second night.

It is still unknown what the arrests were for.



Sir Mark Rowley



Earlier today, Sir Mark Rowley told GB News he "feels for colleagues in Police Service in Northern Ireland" and officers "don't enjoy being a political football in culture wars".

He added: "I really feel for colleagues in Police Service in Northern Ireland, they’re really dealing with some very challenging situations on the street. Of course, there’s been a couple of very contentious incidents.

"Police officers don't enjoy being a political football in the culture wars that so frequently dominate public debate.

"All they want to do out do is go out, take on criminals, protect victims and they’re out there day in and day out protecting fear or favour, and they need that public support rather than being at the centre of this sort of battle of culture wars from either side."


Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter

المصدر: GB News | Source: GB News
💡 لماذا يهمك هذا | Why This Matters

The Police Federation of Northern Ireland condemned the Belfast riots as the work of "violent fascist law-breakers."

Twelve police officers were injured, and 16 arrests were made during the unrest following a knife attack.

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة GB News. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by GB News. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن أخبار محلية | More on Local News

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم أخبار محلية. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: GB News. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Local News. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: GB News. Tags: Belfast, riots, police.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free