📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,155,719 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 11,429 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 0 ثانية

Opportunistic burglars raid family home amid 'horror movie' wildfires and make off with jewellery

أخبار محلية
GB News
2026/08/20 - 04:55 501 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

A family returned home after wildfires to find their jewellery stolen during their evacuation.

The wildfires in Stourbridge were described as apocalyptic, destroying 19 homes and prompting mass evacuations.

West Midlands Police are investigating the burglary and appealing for public assistance in recovering the stolen items.


A family who were forced to flee their house during last week's wildfires finally returned home to discover their prized jewellery had been stolen.

Last Thursday, fires ripped through Stourbridge in the West Midlands in scenes compared to a horror movie or apocalypse.


Witnesses said ash had rained down for hours and described how the flames "jumped from house to house".

Residents grabbed what they could and ran for it, with refuge centres set up at the town hall and at St Michael's Church in Norton.


But with local homes empty until Sunday, burglars are believed to have moved in.

West Midlands Police last night released images of six different items thought to have been stolen in Stourbridge.

The homeowner was one of those evacuated on the day of the fire and they then returned home over the weekend to find items missing, including jewellery, watches and a coin collection, police said.

Two pairs of cufflinks, a ring, two pocket watches and a wristwatch all vanished after the fires.


Stourbridge fires aftermath


The burglary took place on Racecourse Lane, detectives said, and it was thought to have happened in the last week.

CCTV footage was being examined and house-to-house inquiries were being carried out, with uniformed and plainclothes patrols in and around the area, a spokesman added.

Police also issued an appeal for the public to get in touch if they see any of the items being sold on the internet by calling 101 quoting crime reference 20/367823/26.

On Monday Angela Rayner visited the burnt-out remains of homes in Stourbridge, describing scenes as "absolutely horrendous".

WILDFIRE CHAOS - READ MORE:



Stourbridge stolen jewellery


The Housing Secretary could be seen walking among the shells of houses on Quarry Park Road following the huge blaze - which destroyed 19 homes in total.

"The community have been exceptional, looking out for each other," Ms Rayner said.

"But it is devastating to see the level of damage and the emotional turmoil of losing everything, and that’s what these families have gone through."

A group of heroic women risked their lives to save multiple horses from a burning field in Stourbridge at the height of the wildfire.


Sugarloaf Equestrian Centre


One, Charlotte Griffith from the Sugarloaf Equestrian Centre, told GB News how due to the sheer size of the blaze, the animals would have died had they been stuck there any longer.

"Within seconds, the field was gone... It was just engulfed with the smoke and the fire, it was awful," she said. "If we'd left the horses in there any longer, they would have ended up getting burned."

Evacuees in Stourbridge were finally allowed to return to view their properties on Sunday, Dudley Borough Council said.

Some 13 households whose properties were partially damaged in the blaze have been able to return completely, the authority's chief executive Balvinder Heran told locals.

More than £125,000 has so far been raised through crowd-funding efforts for those affected by major fires in Stourbridge, Birmingham, Pershore and Stoke-on-Trent.




المصدر: GB News | Source: GB News
💡 لماذا يهمك هذا | Why This Matters

A family returned home after wildfires to find their jewellery stolen during their evacuation.

The wildfires in Stourbridge were described as apocalyptic, destroying 19 homes and prompting mass evacuations.

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة GB News. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by GB News. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن أخبار محلية | More on Local News

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم أخبار محلية. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: GB News. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Local News. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: GB News. Tags: burglary, wildfires, family home.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free