📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,131,290 مقال 408 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 3,955 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 0 ثانية

Four Aussies in Bali jail lose their bid to have sentences reduced and put in isolation after being caught with secret mobile phones

أخبار محلية
Daily Mail
2026/08/18 - 06:50 501 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

Four Australians in Bali jail were denied sentence reductions after being caught with secret mobile phones.

The inmates, including drug smuggler Lamar Aaron Ahchee, will spend 12 days in isolation as punishment.

Their status will be reviewed every six months, with potential for sentence reductions if no further violations occur.

By CAITLIN POWELL - NEWS REPORTER Published: 07:50, 18 August 2026 | Updated: 07:55, 18 August 2026 Four Australians in a Bali jail have lost bids to reduce their sentences and been put in isolation after prison officers caught them with secret mobile phones. About 1,041 inmates at Kerobokan prison, which was built to house just 300, had their sentences reduced for good behaviour on Monday, Indonesia's Independence Day.  But Australian drug smuggler Lamar Aaron Ahchee and the 'Bali Three' – a trio who organised the shooting of a father-of-six in a luxury villa in 2025 – were not on the list.  Ahchee, Mevlut Coskun, Paea I Middlemore Tupou and Sydney private schoolboy Darcy Jenson were refused the privilege after officers found their secret phones.  The Bali Three were found in possession of a phone between May and June, Kerobokan Prison Governor Tunggul Buwono said.  Ahchee's mobile was discovered on August 9, just days before the list of those granted a sentence reduction was sent to the government for approval. Governor Buwono said all four men have been put in isolation for 12 days. They will not receive visits or mail. 'They could not get remission (for their sentences) as they violated the rules. They were allegedly found with a mobile phone,' he said.  Australian drug smuggler Lamar Aaron Ahchee (pictured) and the Bali Three have been left off the list of inmates at Kerobokan prison who had their sentences reduced on Monday Ahchee was found guilty of drug trafficking last year after he received two packages filled with 54 individually wrapped Lindt chocolates – each containing 8.3g of cocaine Ahchee, Mevlut Coskun, Paea I Middlemore Tupou and Sydney private schoolboy Darcy Jenson (pictured) were refused the privilege after officers found their secret phones All four men are also on the 'Register F list', which records the names of inmates who have violated the rules. Their status will be evaluated every six months and, if they do not commit another violation, they may have their sentences reduced next year.  The punishment marks the latest loss for the Bali Three, who were convicted of killing Melbourne man Zivan Radmanovic, 32, inside a holiday home in Munggu in June last year.  The trio testified during their trial that they were hired to collect a debt from another man staying in the holiday villa, Sanar Ghanim, who was also beaten and shot.  Both men allegedly had links to Melbourne's underworld.  Last month, Jenson's legal team appealed a sentence of 17 years, arguing the High Court decision appeared to contain multiple serious errors.  Coskun and Tupou also appealed after they were each sentenced to 16 years by the High Court. However, on July 3, the Supreme Court decided Jenson should serve the longest sentence – 18 years in prison – despite not stepping foot inside the villa during the murder.  Jenson (pictured), Tupou and Coskun were convicted over the fatal shooting of Melbourne man Zivan Radmanovic, 32, inside a holiday home in Munggu in June last year Tupou was sentenced to 17 years' imprisonment, while Coskun was jailed for 16 years, with both avoiding the death penalty. Ahchee has previously had success reducing his term in the Indonesian jail after he was sentenced to 12 years behind bars for drug trafficking.  The Queenslander, who had lived in Bali for eight years, was arrested in May last year after he received two packages filled with 54 individually wrapped Lindt chocolates – each containing 8.3g of cocaine.  His original prison term was reduced to a nine-year sentence in January after a decision by a panel of judges at the Bali High Court. He is still required to pay a fine of two billion Indonesian Rupiah, equivalent to around $169,000 AUD.  If unable to pay the fee, he faces an additional six months behind bars.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail
💡 لماذا يهمك هذا | Why This Matters

Four Australians in Bali jail were denied sentence reductions after being caught with secret mobile phones.

The inmates, including drug smuggler Lamar Aaron Ahchee, will spend 12 days in isolation as punishment.

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن أخبار محلية | More on Local News

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم أخبار محلية. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Local News. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail. Tags: Bali, jail, Aussies, sentences.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free