🕐 --:--
-- --
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر
383812 مقال 245 مصدر نشط 66 قناة مباشرة 5320 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Family of notorious teen offender killed in fatal stolen ute crash issue a message to Australia after his tragic death

العالم
Daily Mail
2026/05/18 - 00:05 504 مشاهدة
Published: 01:05, 18 May 2026 | Updated: 01:20, 18 May 2026 The notorious teen offender who was killed in a horror crash in an allegedly stolen ute over the weekend has been remembered as a 'precious' and 'beautiful young man' by his family. Conroy, 14, died after the allegedly stolen vehicle he was travelling in smashed into a tree on the Calder Highway at Woosang, 240km north-west of Melbourne, on Saturday morning. Conroy was well known to police and had previously been granted bail for multiple offences. His cousins, Dougie, 18, who was driving, and Deandre, 14, are both fighting for life after they were cut from the ute and airlifted to hospital. One of the boys is in a coma with a brain bleed and broken bones and is on a breathing tube. Police allege the ute was stolen from a hotel in Mildura on Friday night before it was involved in a fuel drive-off seven hours later. Shocking footage also recently emerged of the group of teens hanging out of the windows of the swerving car moments before it hit a tree. Their bodies were almost entirely outside the ute as friends filmed the stunt. Conroy's mother told 7News she doesn't want her son's death to be in vain. Conroy, 14,  was killed in a horror smash in an allegedly stolen ute over the weekend  He was declared dead at the scene after the allegedly stolen ute he was in smashed into a tree 'Yeah they made the wrong choice, but people shouldn't go judging them,' Aunty Maryanne Frost said. In tributes posted online, Conroy's family members described him as a 'beautiful soul' who loved helping look after their children and putting smiles on people's faces. 'I told you the only person in Mildura I had was you Conroy. I told you my babies had no one but you... I told you that no matter what I love you unconditionally. I told you I'll hold you through thick and thin,' one woman said. She later added: 'He was everything to me and my kids.' Detective Sergeant Pendrick said detectives were trying to determine how fast the allegedly stolen car had been travelling. 'There was certainly a high impact with the tree, there's no doubt about that,' he said. 'We look at everything. We'll look at speed, we'll look at the road condition, we will look at the manner of driving.' Reflecting on the tragedy, the detective said crashes like this were a reminder for young people to 'know there are consequences for their actions'. Two of the teenagers could be seen hanging outside the ute before it crashed 'When you look at incidents like this that are totally devastating, you just plead with those kids that they're not playing games, there are real consequences,' he said. Shadow police minister Brad Battin criticised Jacinta Allan's Labor government hours after the crash, saying similar incidents were preventable if it took a tougher approach to youth crime. 'We need to fix the justice system,' he told the Herald Sun. 'Releasing young offenders for stealing cars and having unlimited bail not only leaves the community less safe, but we will see more young people die. 'What will it take for the premier to stand up and say enough is enough? Break bail, face jail. I am sick of a government that simply doesn't care.' An Allan government spokesperson hit back, accusing the opposition of using the tragedy to score political points. 'Our thoughts are with the young people's loved ones as they deal with the loss and injury caused by this senseless act,' he said. 'Politicising a teenager's death says everything you need to know about (Victorian Opposition Leader) Jess Wilson, whose first instinct is to send out her conspiracy theory-peddling shadow. 'There are no easy solutions to youth crime, but community safety comes first, which is why we've introduced Adult Time for Violent Crime to deliver serious consequences for repeat offenders.' The new reforms mean children aged 14 and over now face the adult court system and can receive the same sentences as adults, including life imprisonment in certain cases. No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.
مشاركة:

مقالات ذات صلة

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤