Donald Trump has announced that negotiations between the US and Iran have been called off.
On his Truth Social platform, the President said that there were "no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran".
On Monday, the 60-day memorandum of understanding (MOU) between Washington and Tehran expired - although many points in the agreement had already been violated, including the suspension of the naval blockade.
He added: "The Naval Blockade remains in full force and effect.
"The Hormuz Strait is open and operating.
"All water mines have been removed or detonated."
Middle East envoy Jared Kushner, however, contradicted the President's claims talks have suspended, saying the discussions were "more robust" than ever.
And claims the Strait of Hormuz were open were rejected by Iran, who insisted the waterway remain shut until the US meets the requirements of the now-expired MOU.

On Tuesday, a crew member aboard a ship sailing close to Oman was killed in a strike, according to the Joint Maritime Information Centre.
And the UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) said on Tuesday a vessel had been struck by an unknown projectile, resulting in engine room and a crew casualty, with sources telling Reuters the vessel's chief engineer was injured.
Maritime security sources identified the vessel as Liberia-flagged bulk carrier Minoan Dignity.
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) also accused Tehran of firing two ballistic missiles towards its territory in a statement which said one rocket fell "within the territorial waters".
IRAN WAR - READ THE LATEST:
- US Navy warship visited by top admiral as 'sailors jump overboard'
- Donald Trump told to 'accept defeat' as Iran vows to enforce Strait of Hormuz blockade
- Donald Trump declares ambition to make Strait of Hormuz 'territory of United States' after Iran war

A phone alert warned UAE residents to head to a safe place in a secure building amid a "potential missile threat" two hours before the statement.
Those claims were denied by foreign ministry spokesman Esmaeil Baghaei, who said the "accusations" were "baseless".
Mr Trump, meanwhile, has threatened to "bomb the s**t out of" US ally Oman if it "gets in the way" of negotiations, according to Fox News.
Iran had previously said it was close to an agreement with Oman to secure a safe route through the Strait of Hormuz.

The President also claimed on Monday the US had a backchannel with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) and denied that he was in a rush to end the war with the looming November midterm elections.
"They’re good poker players, but they’re dying. I have no time schedule. I’m not in a hurry," he said.
Claims of a backchannel IRGC contact were denied by the military force.
A spokesman told IRGC-linked Tasnim News: "There are no talks taking place between IRGC officials and the Americans, and this lie by Trump is merely fantasies caused by the delusions and nightmares he has suffered as a result of defeat and desperation in the war."
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter

