📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,129,961 مقال 408 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 4,018 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 3 ثواني

Bruno Tonioli takes thinly-veiled swipe at axed BBC Strictly dancers as he urges 'new blood' on dance show

العالم
GB News
2026/05/29 - 21:03 516 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

Bruno Tonioli has thrown his support behind the BBC's controversial decision to remove several professional dancers from Strictly Come Dancing, arguing that the shake-up is essential for the programme...

It's nothing personal," he told the Daily Mail.Mr Tonioli, who spent years on the judging panel, emphasised that physical limitations inevitably affect performers.

TRENDING Stories Videos Your Say "I've been a dancer, I know what it's like.

هذا الخبر من GB News. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.


Bruno Tonioli has thrown his support behind the BBC's controversial decision to remove several professional dancers from Strictly Come Dancing, arguing that the shake-up is essential for the programme's continued success.

The 70-year-old former judge drew parallels between dance and athletics when explaining his stance on the departures.


"Dancing is like sport, there's a point when you know to have the best team you have to get the best players. It's nothing personal," he told the Daily Mail.

Mr Tonioli, who spent years on the judging panel, emphasised that physical limitations inevitably affect performers.



Bruno Tonioli

"I've been a dancer, I know what it's like. There's a point when you say I cannot do it. Your body can't perform at the same level.

"There is nothing nasty about it," he added.

The mass exodus has seen five established professionals dropped from the programme's roster.

Karen Hauer, 43, Gorka Marquez, 35, Nadiya Bychkova, 36, Michelle Tsiakkas, 30, and Luba Mushtuk, 36, have all been let go despite their years of service on the ballroom competition.


BBC



The sweeping changes have provoked significant anger among the show's fanbase.

Viewers have labelled the extensive cull a "bloodbath", with many expressing dismay at losing dancers who had become familiar faces on the Saturday night programme.

Mr Tonioli stressed that refreshing the cast is fundamental to the programme's longevity.

"Things need to be kept up to date, and you have to have new blood, new people, opportunities," he stated.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS



Bruno Tonioli


The veteran entertainer argued that emerging talent deserves their moment in the spotlight.

"There's a whole new generation that needs exposure, and that's one of the great things that this show does," he explained.

"It's showbusiness; if it was easy, everyone would do it."

The BBC has retained a substantial roster of professionals for the upcoming series.



These include Dianne Buswell, Nancy Xu, Vito Coppola, Amy Dowden, Katya Jones, Neil Jones, Nikita Kuzmin, Jowita Przystał, Aljaž Škorjanec, and Kai Widdrington, among others.

Bosses have allegedly prioritised keeping dancers with substantial social media followings in an effort to attract younger audiences.



Karen Hauer

Fresh faces will also be joining the programme, with American dancer D'angelo Castro, 25, understood to be in discussions with executives.

The Dancing With The Stars performer, who boasts a significant online presence, met with show bosses during a UK visit earlier this year.




المصدر: GB News | Source: GB News

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة GB News. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by GB News. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: GB News. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: GB News.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free