📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,154,491 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 11,439 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانية

Broadcast legend Ray Hadley's private texts with radio staffer about Alan Jones allegations read out in court

العالم
Daily Mail
2026/08/20 - 00:33 502 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

By ADELAIDE LANG FOR AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: 01:33, 20 August 2026 | Updated: 01:33, 20 August 2026 High-profile broadcaster Ray Hadley disparaged a former on-air colleague in a profane...

The man claimed Jones repeatedly kissed him without consent in a lift at his home and workplace, and groped him in a car and at an event over five months when they worked together.

Jones, now 85, has pleaded not guilty to 22 charges of indecent assault and sexual touching without consent against six men between 2003 and 2023 in Sydney and the NSW Southern Highlands.

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

By ADELAIDE LANG FOR AUSTRALIAN ASSOCIATED PRESS Published: 01:33, 20 August 2026 | Updated: 01:33, 20 August 2026 High-profile broadcaster Ray Hadley disparaged a former on-air colleague in a profane text exchange with a man accusing Alan Jones of indecent assault. The man claimed Jones repeatedly kissed him without consent in a lift at his home and workplace, and groped him in a car and at an event over five months when they worked together. Jones, now 85, has pleaded not guilty to 22 charges of indecent assault and sexual touching without consent against six men between 2003 and 2023 in Sydney and the NSW Southern Highlands. The former radio staffer previously told a NSW Local Court he had been at an event with colleagues when the veteran broadcaster groped his groin under a table. He felt self-conscious and worried people would see what Jones was doing to him, telling the court: 'I didn't want them thinking I was Alan's toy.' The former radio staffer said he locked eyes with another broadcaster at the station while Jones was touching him under the table, leaving him deeply embarrassed. Years later, text messages with the since-retired 2GB radio host and rugby league commentator Ray Hadley discussed how the other broadcaster had denied seeing anything untoward at the event, the court was told on Wednesday. The broadcaster had begun working with Jones, according to an article the former radio staffer sent Hadley, saying: 'Surprise f***ing surprise'.  High-profile broadcaster Ray Hadley (left) disparaged a former on-air colleague in a profane text exchange with a man accusing Alan Jones (centre, with Ben Fordham) of indecent assault The texts between Hadley and a former on-air colleague were heard in court (Pictured, a mock up of the text exchange quoted in court) Jones has pleaded not guilty to 22 charges of indecent assault and sexual touching without consent against six men between 2003 and 2023 in Sydney and the NSW Southern Highlands Hadley responded the other man was 'a f***ing dog', the court was told. 'Explains why he lied to (journalist) Kate (McClymont) about what he saw Jones do to me. Dog by the very definition,' the former radio staffer replied. Under cross-examination by Jones's barrister Gabrielle Bashir SC, he accepted he was aware the broadcaster denied seeing the alleged groping but added he didn't know if the man had told McClymont the truth. Hadley was one of the people the former radio staffer confided about the alleged indecent assaults, years after they were said to have occurred. 'I said, "You know we joke a bit about it, but you know some of the stuff (Jones) did to me was quite f***ed up",' the former staffer said. 'Ray asked if I was OK... I just broke down sobbing. I said: "He's a f***ing grub".' While sworn to secrecy, Hadley put the staffer in touch with journalist Peter FitzSimons, who was researching similar allegations about Jones, the court was told. The former radio staffer said he wanted FitzSimons to know there was truth to the allegations but didn't want to tell his story publicly. Hadley (pictured) is due to enter the witness box at some stage during the trial Hadley is expected to enter the witness box at some stage after the former radio staffer completes his testimony. On Wednesday, the staffer accepted there were inconsistencies between his police statements about the alleged assaults and his testimony in court. In one account, he said he had frozen when Jones first touched his groin while he was driving, but in another he recalled pushing the older man's hand away. The former radio staffer insisted he was doing his best to recall events from decades ago and repeatedly denied inventing any of the allegations against Jones. He rejected Ms Bashir's suggestion he could have pushed the longtime shock jock off, saying: 'I didn't feel I was able to physically resist him'. The former radio staffer claimed on Tuesday he had been groomed by Jones for a decade, leading to a series of explicit texts. Ms Bashir has accused him of rewriting his history with Jones. Jones has denied all of the alleged indecent assaults, which are alleged to have occurred during the latter part of his 35-year broadcasting career, when he dominated Sydney's airwaves. None of the charges allege grooming. Jones also broadcast to a national audience for years as a regular commentator on Nine's Today show and a host of a political discussion show on Sky News. National Sexual Abuse and Redress Support Service 1800 211 028 Sorry we are not currently accepting comments on this article.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن العالم | More on World

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم العالم. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of World. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free