📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,174,927 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 9,771 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ ثانيتين

Boston glee party as hyped-up Scots fans head to US for World Cup extravaganza

رياضة
Daily Mail
2026/06/10 - 19:22 520 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

By MICHAEL BLACKLEY, SCOTTISH DAILY MAIL POLITICAL EDITOR Published: 20:22, 10 June 2026 | Updated: 20:22, 10 June 2026 They have started their invasion of the United States in a jubilant mood, proudl...

And ahead of jetting out across the Atlantic himself, John Swinney hailed Scotland’s qualification for the World Cup as a ‘profound moment of national joy’.

The First Minister will attend the Scotland-Haiti match in Boston at 2am UK time on Sunday and will also hold a series of engagements with business leaders and investors.

هذا الخبر من Daily Mail. خبر يقدم أدوات ذكاء اصطناعي للتلخيص والترجمة والاستماع.

By MICHAEL BLACKLEY, SCOTTISH DAILY MAIL POLITICAL EDITOR Published: 20:22, 10 June 2026 | Updated: 20:22, 10 June 2026 They have started their invasion of the United States in a jubilant mood, proudly donning their kilts and Scotland tops. And ahead of jetting out across the Atlantic himself, John Swinney hailed Scotland’s qualification for the World Cup as a ‘profound moment of national joy’. The First Minister will attend the Scotland-Haiti match in Boston at 2am UK time on Sunday and will also hold a series of engagements with business leaders and investors. In his message ahead of flying out on Thursday night, Mr Swinney said: ‘To our men’s national team, I know I speak for everyone when I say Scotland could not be prouder and the country is right behind you. This is a profound moment of national joy.’ Sport Minister Maree Todd is also attending the World Cup in an official capacity for the Scotland-Brazil match on June 24, while Economy Secretary Stephen Flynn and Community Care Minister Alison Thewliss have been granted leave to attend matches in a personal capacity. Meanwhile, Reform UK’s Scottish leader Malcolm Offord has refused to say whether he still intends to attend the World Cup despite being elected to Holyrood.  Scotland fans at Edinburgh Airport as they travel to USA ahead of the World Cup The Scotland fans were in excited mood ahead of their first World Cup in 28 years  He previously said he would be going to the Scotland-Brazil match, which is during the final week of parliament before it breaks up for the summer recess. Mr Swinney’s comments came as masses of the Tartan Army started to arrive in the States. Proud Scotland fans were in a buoyant mood as they familiarised themselves with the surroundings in and around Boston. Even pundit Gary Neville, former Manchester United captain and England international and now part of the ITV World Cup line-up, could not resist a selfie with Scotland fans as he shared a flight with the ‘Old Enemy’. Meanwhile, closer to home, Scottish Secretary Douglas Alexander has promised to intervene in the case of Kenny Smith, whose ESTA visa authorisation was revoked by American authorities without explanation. The 45-year-old has forked out in excess of £10,000 for the trip, only to face the disappointment of being banned from entry. He enlisted the help of his MP Jamie Stone, who requested urgent action in Westminster. Mr Smith has previously travelled to the States without incident and has no criminal record. Despite complying in full with the requirements set out, administrative delays now risk preventing him from travelling in time. Mr Stone, the Lib Dem MP for Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross, said: ‘I have urged the Government to act swiftly and ensure every possible step is taken to resolve Mr Smith’s case and have been reassured that the Secretary of State will escalate the matter.’ No comments have so far been submitted. Why not be the first to send us your thoughts, or debate this issue live on our message boards. By posting your comment you agree to our house rules. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual. Do you want to automatically post your MailOnline comments to your Facebook Timeline? Your comment will be posted to MailOnline as usual We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook. You can choose on each post whether you would like it to be posted to Facebook. Your details from Facebook will be used to provide you with tailored content, marketing and ads in line with our Privacy Policy.
المصدر: Daily Mail | Source: Daily Mail

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة Daily Mail. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by Daily Mail. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن رياضة | More on Sports

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم رياضة. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: Daily Mail. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Sports. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: Daily Mail. Tags: World Cup, Scotland, fans.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free