
A body has been found in the search for a British tourist who went missing off the coast of Portugal.
Portugal's National Maritime Authority had said the 23-year-old man disappeared on Thursday while swimming at Peneco Beach in Albufeira, on the country's south coast.
Now, police have issued a tragic update.
They said late last night a body, believed to be that of the missing man, was recovered earlier that afternoon off the coast of Albufeira.
"Following an alert at 6.37 pm from a fisherman in the vicinity, officers from the Portimao Local Maritime Police Command, the Albufeira Volunteer Firefighters’ Humanitarian Association and the Albufeira Municipal Civil Protection Service were mobilised," a statement reads.
"On arrival at the scene, members of the Maritime Police, in collaboration with the Fire Brigade, transported the victim to Albufeira Marina."
More to follow...
Our Standards: The GB News Editorial Charter





