📱 حمّل تطبيق خبر الآن!
🕐 --:--
-- --
تابعونا
عاجل
⚡ عاجل: كريستيانو رونالدو يُتوّج كأفضل لاعب كرة قدم في العالم ⚡ أخبار عاجلة تتابعونها لحظة بلحظة على خبر ⚡ تابعوا آخر المستجدات والأحداث من حول العالم
⌘K
AI مباشر | -- مشاهد مباشر
1,153,898 مقال 410 مصدر نشط 228 قناة مباشرة 11,599 خبر اليوم
آخر تحديث: منذ 4 ثواني

At least 100 killed in gold mine collapse in Central African Republic

أخبار محلية
البوابة
2026/08/19 - 18:57 505 مشاهدة
تحليل ذكي | AI Editorial Analysis

At least 100 people were killed in a gold mine collapse in the Central African Republic, with ongoing rescue efforts.

The collapse occurred at a site in Zamboye, raising concerns about safety standards in artisanal mining.

An investigation has been launched to assess the circumstances of the accident and identify the victims.

ALBAWABA- At least 100 people were killed when an artisanal gold mine collapsed in the western Central African Republic on Tuesday, with local sources reporting that as many as 107 bodies had been recovered. The death toll could rise as rescue teams continue searching for miners believed to be trapped beneath the debris.

The collapse occurred at a gold-mining site in Zamboye, in Nana-Mambéré prefecture near the border with Cameroon. The site is about 50 kilometers from the Central African town of Baboua and lies near Garoua-Boulaï on the Cameroonian side of the border.

Witnesses and local officials said the ground suddenly gave way, burying miners working in open pits and underground tunnels. A miner, Cédric Mbango, described the incident as catastrophic, saying the ground collapsed completely and buried workers.

Residents and volunteers began digging through the debris with limited equipment in an effort to recover victims and search for survivors. More than 100 bodies had reportedly been recovered by Wednesday, while several injured miners were taken to hospitals in Baboua and Bouar. Some miners remained missing or trapped, although rescuers said the chances of finding additional survivors were diminishing.

The collapse has highlighted the dangerous conditions in the Central African Republic’s artisanal mining sector, where miners frequently work in deep pits and makeshift underground tunnels with little or no safety equipment or engineering oversight. Local officials said the Zamboye site was operating without adequate safety standards, raising questions about regulation and responsibility for the disaster.

The Baboua prosecutor’s office has opened an investigation into the collapse, including the condition of the underground tunnels, the circumstances surrounding the accident and the potential responsibility of those operating the site. Authorities are also working to identify the victims and determine the final death toll.

Government spokesman Evariste Ngamana expressed condolences to the victims’ families and said authorities were working to provide assistance. Local officials have appealed for additional support for the rescue and recovery operation.

Artisanal gold mining is widespread across the Central African Republic, where poverty, limited employment opportunities and weak state presence have pushed thousands of people into informal mining. The sector provides an important source of income for communities but is frequently associated with hazardous working conditions, unregulated excavation and inadequate safety measures.

المصدر: البوابة | Source: البوابة
💡 لماذا يهمك هذا | Why This Matters

At least 100 people were killed in a gold mine collapse in the Central African Republic, with ongoing rescue efforts.

The collapse occurred at a site in Zamboye, raising concerns about safety standards in artisanal mining.

ملاحظة تحريرية | Editorial Note: نُشر هذا المقال في الأصل بواسطة البوابة. خبر (Khabr) هي منصة إعلامية أردنية مرخّصة تعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نضيف قيمة تحريرية من خلال: تحليل ذكي للأخبار، ملخصات تلقائية، رواية صوتية بالذكاء الاصطناعي، ترجمة متعددة اللغات، وتدقيق الحقائق. هدفنا جعل الأخبار أكثر وضوحاً وسهولةً للقارئ العربي.

This article was originally published by البوابة. Khabr is a licensed Jordanian AI-powered news platform (Registration #82086). We add editorial value through: AI-powered news analysis, automated summaries, AI audio narration, multi-language translation (Arabic, English, French, Turkish), and AI fact-checking. Our mission is to make news more accessible and understandable for Arabic-speaking audiences worldwide.

مشاركة:

المزيد عن أخبار محلية | More on Local News

هذا الخبر ضمن تغطية خبر لقسم أخبار محلية. نقدّم لك تحليلات ذكية وملخصات يومية لأهم الأخبار من مصادر موثوقة متعددة. المصدر: البوابة. يوجد 6 مقالات مرتبطة بهذا الموضوع.

This article is part of Khabr's coverage of Local News. We provide AI-powered analysis, summaries, and multi-source aggregation to keep you informed. Source: البوابة. Tags: disaster, mining, casualties.

مقالات ذات صلة

خبر — منصة إخبارية ذكية | Khabr — AI-Powered News Platform

خبر هو أول مجمّع أخبار عربي يعمل بالذكاء الاصطناعي. نقدم تحليلات ذكية وملخصات تلقائية ورواية صوتية لكل خبر من أكثر من 700 مصدر موثوق. نضيف قيمة تحريرية فريدة من خلال أدوات الذكاء الاصطناعي التي تساعدك على فهم الأخبار بعمق أكبر.

Khabr is the first AI-powered Arabic news aggregator. We provide AI-generated editorial analysis, automated summaries, audio narration, and fact-checking for every article from 700+ trusted sources. Our platform adds unique editorial value through AI tools that help you understand the news more deeply.

AI
يا هلا! اسألني أي شي 🎤
🔍
FREE Free 1GB Internet + Free International Calls

$1 trial — eSIM in 190+ countries — No roaming charges

Download Free